Monday, December 7, 2009

JESUS LIVES by SARAH YOUNG


Jesus Lives by Sarah Young is a Devotional regarding Seeing His Love in Your Life. It has many themes that you may look up by subject such as, His Love, Grace, Joy, and Worry to name a few. The book is 359 pages long. Each devotion has 3-4 Bible verses associated with the topic you are viewing. Jesus Lives is a companion volume to Jesus Calling. The author wants to remind you that Jesus is always there.

I personally do not care for this style of writing. It is written as if Christ were talking to you personally. I would prefer to hear from the author. I was very uncomfortable with this as it seems to put words and thoughts out as if the Lord was thinking and saying them. To use this for my devotions I would probably only read the verses and spend my own time thinking about them and how they applied to my life. The style and format are nice. The length of the devotion is also good as it is something you could add to your own devotions without taking a lot of extra time. This is not a book I would recommend to others. This book was provided by Thomas Nelson Publishers for review and all opinions in this post are my own.

0 Comments: