Friday, January 8, 2010

Book Review- Armageddon Now World War 3


Hello All,
I was recently given the chance to review a Graphic Novel called Armageddon Now World War 3, by Rob Liefeld and Phil Hotsenpiller. To be quite honest I am not impressed. 1. There is very little use of Bible. 2. It is much too bloody. 3. At least one female dresses in a VERY revealing outfit. This is totally unnecessary for a book that claims to be Christian. Yes, I am one of those old-fashioned Christians who sees no need to go to the world for our books. This is nothing more than a worldly comic book with a small amount of Christianity added to draw the worldly Christians and unsaved. I believe that someone who was unsaved could read and enjoy this without being affected at all by the use of some Bible verses thrown in. I am not sure what the goal of this Graphic Novel is, but it is not to reach the unsaved, and it definitely should not be what our Christian youth are reading. Why do we feel the need to be like the world to win the world and to keep our youth? I am going to have to give this book a thumbs down.

1 Comment:

Toyin O. said...

Great review, thanks for sharing.